Whether out of necessity or for a change in color, replacing cloth tape in a blind is an easy job.
Here’s a handy formula when calculating how much cloth tape is needed:
- One blind, 40 inches long with two cloth tapes
- 40 inches + 12 inches = 52 inches
- Multiply it by the number of cloth tape ladders (2)
- 52 inches x 2 ladders = 104 inches
- Divide the total number of inches by 12
- 104 inches divided by 12 = 8.66 feet
- Now round up to the nearest foot – Total = 9 feet
You can purchase cloth tape at Fix My Blinds in various colors and sizes.
Once you’ve got the new cloth tape – here’s a video on how to do the job: